View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 09:11 AM   #63
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Tab Ultra took 30 minutes to delete 187 files
Rome wasn't built in one day. My, you're mighty impatient.

Thanks for the info on the Calibre.
I'll bet your timeouts are due to the general delays of sdcardfs.

I've managed to kill sdcardfs completely.
There are some drawbacks, so let me be clear.
First, you must be rooted with Magisk or else r/w on /system
Apps with android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE or android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE can read or write /sdcard (i.e. there is no longer any distinction between the two permissions.)
Apps without either can not access /sdcard at all (which is what you want).
You will be able to create files with similar names (NAME and name) which might make problems with MTP.
Audio files will not get marked (owned) by media_audio, likewise graphic images.
The good part is that a problem with any of this shouldn't leave you dead.
You just won't have access to /sdcard until you fix it.

There are two files: /system/bin/sdcard and /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml
If you are willing, please post these two files so I can check them.

*** Hmm, this is not really a solution. The problem is with new files that are created. Previously sdcardfs took care of setting owner and permission. You'd need to tweak them yourself over rooted ADB. If you have an app that writes files it will be able to read them itself, but other apps won't be able to read them without tweaking. If you want a temporary solution until Onyx fixes this, this might be worth the trouble. You may have to "chmod 664 *" and "chown 1023:1023 *" to some sdcard directories later to clean things up. ***

Edit: Files that I sync with ADB end up root/root 644 which is good enough for me. My Notepad is the only app that writes files to /sdcard and it can read them and I can adb pull them off.

My times before weren't bad, but it knocked off another 0.16 seconds off the last run. It took a second or two to delete them afterwards (I forgot to time it.)
Code:
  26001  208002 1219148
    0m00.63s real     0m00.43s user     0m00.46s system

Last edited by Renate; 12-17-2022 at 09:33 AM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote