View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 12:56 AM   #61
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Is this "Companion" a server with an open port or are you using some ftp or ssh or something?
Calibre is a library management system on the PC that offers a content server port (8080) and a wireless connection port (9090).
Calibre Companion is an Android app that offers several connection options, but also book options - especially the comparison with the PC library and displays the books stock according to various selection criteria
With the wireless connection port you can easily do an inventory comparison on the PC and a synchronization of the metadata (if you change something in Calibre) is carried out automatically.

My problem is that I always want to have my entire library with me - even at the opera, for example, to read on my InkPalm5 during the breaks.

And I have more than 16,500 books in my library

Last edited by ottischwenk; 12-17-2022 at 03:58 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote