View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 08:59 AM   #34
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

I suppose that is the case here, but I have never had any such scratching issues, and I'm not as fastidious as I might be.

I do have the latest two Paperwhite models, do not use covers with them etc. I use same cleaning cloth or wipes I use for my eyeglasses to clean, but occasionally just use the t-shirt I'm wearing.
I will say that I bought the original 8GB edition of the PW5 in 2021, and I didn't have the same scratch problem at all with that one, despite not putting it in a case nor using a screen protector, taking it everywhere with me at home and outside. Meanwhile, my 32GB PW5 SE has loads of scratches and has been used more carefully. So maybe it's a screen robustness issue that's a matter of luck? Suggests inconsistency of screen resilience quality control perhaps.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote