View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #30
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Thanks for all those generic covers. I love the leather, linen and antique ones with the ornaments. I don't read fan fiction, but I do read public domain works. Often those works have no cover, especially if they were never officially published. As they are old works, those generic covers with some nice scripty-swirly font will look great for them
Thanks for the feedback
On my foto tour I took pictures of leaves and blossoms (besides of textures), so I will also experiment with ornaments in my future covers. The feedback showed me though, that it would be a good idea to give an antique and a more modern version from now on if it is possible, so the covers will work on tablet (or calibre) and in black and white on an E-Ink reader. So there should be something for everyone.

Quote:
Maybe I'll create some myself and put them into this thread.
I would love it when others would put up covers here too.:
It would be nice to have a collection of different styles and ideas for everyone. So go for it! I'm not sure if I should put the covers still in this threat though or if I should start a new threat because it has no longer anything to do with fanfiction.

Quote:
Oh yeah. You can't imagine how much I like nice covers in Calibre (and also, covers in my music player: all albums HAVE to have a cover). I detest it if there is no good cover. It makes the book or album look unfinished.
Yeah, I need covers for everything too. That's the reason I started this project in the first place (and learned to work with pixlr). Books (or albums) need them, totally agree with you.

Thanks again for your feedback. It helps a lot to know what people like or don't like and which covers work form them.

MiniMouse
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote