View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 11:17 AM   #44
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmstruwe View Post
According to the support rep, most Kindle users have a library of maybe a dozen volumes and they permanently delete each book after reading it.
Either this response was scripted or the CS was making it up on the spot, but I find it highly dubious. I could make guesses about how long most Kindle users have been buying and reading Kindle books and the size of their libraries, but what seems obvious to me is that users with "maybe a dozen volumes" don't bother to delete their books permanently after reading them -- even if it's as many as a dozen books per year. Why bother? It's one thing to delete books to keep a library of several hundreds or more manageable, but maybe 100 books altogether over time? I cannot imagine that virtually all don't do more than delete the download from their device or app.

However, unfortunately, as you acknowledge, a user with tens of thousands of purchases and all of them also downloaded to a device is obviously not only an outlier, but an outlier of the outlying. Whatever happened, your use profile broke the system.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote