View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #69
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I wish I really had some way of knowing. Even though I went with the Sony for my new ebook reader, I've been an Amazon fan since it first came into existence. I haven't bought any books except travel guides from them since I went "e," but I still buy plenty of everything else from them.

The KindlePID takedown order to MR left a bad taste in my mouth. If what Ian is saying is true, then it might be the final push that drives me away from Amazon completely.

I'm with the others who are thanking their lucky stars we didn't go with a Kindle. Until the KindlePID incident, I had been recommending Kindle to people who were interested but wanted the simplest possible user experience. Whispernet wins that game hands-down. But if this story is true, it seems like maybe the ease of wireless purchaing may not be worth the risk of the device becoming a partial brick.