View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 08:11 AM   #58
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Off the cuff, it seems to me that A Tale of Two Cities has had more mentions than any other single title, which has me a little bemused. It’s one, probably the only, Dickens that I’ve read that I’d have no interest in reading again. The whole business is sensational and everyone knows how it ends (the far, far better thing). Overall, an oddity for Dickens. But then, I loved Dickens’ other historical novel Barnaby Rudge and people don’t seem to think much of that one, so clearly my tastes are aberrant.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote