View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 08:40 PM   #55
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Would Moby Dick be considered a classic? I've started it several times but for some reason or other never finished it.

Crime and Punishment, Don Quixote, Daniel Deronda, most anything by Dickens (A Tale of Two Cities for sure), P.G. Wodehouse, and The Time Machine could get me on board.

I've read Anna Karenina and Madame Bovary and disliked both...a lot.
Hello CharlieBird. Well, as this isn't a formal book club but more of an informal "buddy read", you may well want to join us when a book which interests you is next in line.

So, referring back to the first post, we are going to start with Daniel Deronda in mid May, and Don Quixote is slated towards the end of the year. We are going to see how we go with the first three books and if we decide to continue (which I hope we do) we shall be looking at the various suggestions for next year and maybe beyond that, though probably not trying to plan too far ahead.

So feel free to join us on 15 May when we start reading Daniel Deronda.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote