View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 07:27 AM   #47
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntiWiddershins View Post
I enjoy reading anything by P. G. Wodehouse. He writes light comedy.

Also, I never tire of reading Robinson Crusoe, especially the first chapter where his father begs him not to go to sea and he just won't listen.

An easy/enjoyable russian author is Anton Chekhov, a travelling doctor, author of short stories.

Perhaps the salon could be reading recomendations.
I’m a huge Wodehouse fan! For several years now, I’ve been engaged in a personal challenge to read all of his works in order. I’ve now completed 65 and happy that he was so prolific, because it will be a sad day when I’m done. Although I suppose it will be a case of painting the Forth Bridge.

Chekhov’s short story The Bet seems especially apropos for readers.

Certainly the salon should include reading recommendations, anything bookish at all.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote