View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 04:34 PM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've seen some eBooks with widows and orphans specifically set to 2 in CSS and some set to 1. I prefer them not to be set in the eBook just as no line-height and overall L/R margins set to 0.
Not set has different defaults based on properties:
Margins 0 is ignored by some ereaders (Amazon). Otherwise it does what you imagine. I don't know what default not setting it is likely.
No line-height is not zero, but means use font metrics
Not setting Windows and Orphans is often the same as setting it to 2, An explicit 1 means do nothing to layout.

Some renderers don't use standard defaults, which is why some people set everything, but I agree that they should mostly not set line-height.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote