View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #21
mlslzrvc
mlslzrvc began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
Hi,

Finally I have managed to replace battery. It was not easy however the effort paid off. After 5 days fully charged battery discharged 13%.

I passed a similar path as Arjava.

More than year and half I asked for replacement battery the seller when the bookreader was bought. They told me to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer told me they not sell batteries and to send them the bookreader for repair. It was not option for me to send the device from Europe to China. Then I have contacted ereader.store, but except automated message that they would reply as soon as possible I did not receive anything else.
After that I was going around local notebook/tablet/cell phone repair shops, however no one was willing to replace the battery.
At that time the battery last one week regardless of bookreader usage.
A few months ago battery started not keeping energy more than one day so I started using powerbank. When battery stopped working at all I had to find solution.

Based on https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=311040 I have managed to disassemble bookreader. It was not obvious how to reach screws. In order to lift plastic mask which covers screws, I have used thin solid blade, starting from lower right corner and going to upper end. The plastic mask is glued to bookreader body so I had to be very careful in order not to break something, especially when working on lower part which is wider and thus stronger bonded. As a result of this action some edges was peeled. After the mas was removed I was really surprised that I had to screw as many as 25 tiny bolts in order to uncover battery.

Finaly, the secret was revealed:

3.7 v 4100 mAh 3 wire lipo battery; size: 2.6 mm x 80 mm x 159 mm

And then the pains started. I could not believe that I could not find such or similar battery in local nor web shops. When I was totally disappointed I came on local battery repair shop that was willing to modify one of the batteries which they sells. It was Asus Nexus battery
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-B.../dp/B01HNSCD88

The battery has got 6 wires, they replaced it with PCB from my battery which has got 3 wires. I got the new battery for 30 euros. I hope it will last more than original one.

As a result the bookreader started to behave better than before. The screen is flat, a pen can be used for writing. Also button press or pen tap gives immediate response.

How it looked like can been seen in attached photos.
mlslzrvc is offline   Reply With Quote