View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 06:17 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have had an update:

I am running beta firmware and that is what I tested with. It has no problems with paging through that article. But, I have been told that there is a problem in 4.12.12111 when there is a lot of links in the article and you tap to turn the page. The further you are through the page, the slower it gets. It has seems to have something to do with handling the links and taps. It shouldn't happen if you swipe to turn the page.

And I have just put my Clara HD back to 4.12.12111. I can confirm that that article is slow to page through using taps. And just tapping to open the menus is slow. Swipe the screen and the page turns quickly. Testing an article with only a few links, and tapping to turn the page is as quick as swiping. I assume the reboot is because towards the end of the article, tapping to turn the page takes long enough to trigger a sickel reboot due what looks like the system hanging.

As my test yesterday showed, this problem has been fixed in one of the current betas. That means it should be included in the next firmware. Until that is released, I would suggest swiping when reading Pocket articles with lots of links. Of course, if you are like me, you will only remember this after tapping, waiting, then tapping again when the page doesn't turn. That would then be followed by a .
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote