View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 01:48 PM   #184
Chitter
Luddite who works in IT.
Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Chitter can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Boox Tab Ultra C
@Renate, thank you for the replies. I appreciate your time. Let me see if I can clarify below.

Regarding USB:
I can connect from my desktop when using the provided USB-C cable. I've tried both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. Both work the same for everything listed below. The USB drivers are working in Windows 11 and it "bongs" when connecting/disconnecting. I can browse the Note Air's file system from Windows Explorer as well send adb and edl commands via Command Prompt.

Initiating Fastboot:
I know you said the device screen doesn't usually show anything for fastboot, but on this device (the Note Air2 Plus on v3.3) as soon as I send "adb reboot fastboot" to my device from the Command Prompt it goes to that screen I provided a screenshot of above (the one that says "Android Fastboot" at the top).

From there, the next command I try to run is "fastboot reboot-bootloader". It seems to work, but it brings me to an Onyx logo screen on my device and just sits there. If I try to run the next command "fastboot boot <imagename>.img" I get the message "< waiting for device >" in the Command Prompt. This seems to indicate that the device is frozen. The only way for me to recover is shutdown and restart the device.

As I mentioned before, there is a menu item to "Reboot to bootloader" on the Android Fastboot screen that shows up on my device, but this does the same thing. It freezes at Onyx logo screen. So my problem seems to be accessing bootloader mode.

Using EDL to flash:
EDL seems to work, so maybe this is an option, but I don't really know what I'm doing here and will probably avoid it unless I have more instructions. Don't want an expensive brick.

If this doesn't really help, no problem. At least I tried.
Chitter is offline   Reply With Quote