View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
psycholoner
Enthusiast
psycholoner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I've been playing around with that for a while on my DXG. I don't know why its there or if it has any other functions or if there is a reason for it, but it does accurate panning in one dimension. Maybe it works with something else.

Press Alt and a number together to get the screen split up into 10 parts from the bottom.
Press Alt and a number again to slide the screen accurately to where that number used to be. I don't know how to do it with the vertical.

Edit:

And while I'm at it. Q button will zoom in. W will zoom out. E button will change it back to your settings, and it is the only way to get it back to normal without restarting the kindle. Pressing R twice will rotate the screen 90 degrees counter-clockwise and then back.
C will change your setting to "actual size", which overrides all other settings.
Shift+Alt+Period will sind you to your barcode and serial number at any time.
F button will toggle Fullscreen on and off. There is a glitch where if you exit and enter the comic while its in full screen mode, it will load with the top bar even though the menu will say its already been full screened. This also happens when you put it to sleep while in a comic. Switching Fullscreen on and off will fix this, so just press F twice.

Edit2: Since pressing R (or 4) is a different type of rotate than he normal screen rotate, the partritioning still shows up in the same place on the screen even though the page has been rotated when you press Alt+#. So for lack of a better panning method, press R to rotate your screen. Adjust your zoom settings, and press Alt 5 or 6 whenever you want to pan down. This will also turn the page when you hit the bottom of the screen, even though pan to next page is off. This type of pan to next page command doesn't always work when you press Alt (# > 1). I don't know why.

Accurate panning only appears in full screen.

Last edited by psycholoner; 08-23-2010 at 07:16 AM.
psycholoner is offline   Reply With Quote