View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 07:07 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I only proof via epub. PDFs are only for POD, they are horrid to proof & annotate.

I only import to Calibre for proof reading on a Kobo, but the Full Text search is good for a selection of ebooks.
I export annotations from Kobo via Calibre to KATE as plain text and have KATE session with multiple files for each project. Notepad++ is the windows equivalent.
I started with Wordstar, then clone, then my own editor, then Word 2002/XP and eventually Libre Office even before moving from Windows to Linux finally in Jan 2017.
I used to do fragments in plain text in Jota on Android, then switched to Nebo (Advanced Notebooks) on the Kobo Sage, though still Jota on the phone. Now I have Jota and Nebo on the TCL Nxtpaper11 tablet, and also Libre Office Writer to use only as a viewer. The tablet has a 256G SD Card so has every document going back to 1992 as copies of the laptop/workstation/server files. The Android Nebo is far superior to the cut down version on Kobo.
The multiple tabs/docs per project in Notepad++, then KATE on Linux is since about 2006. Also a spreadsheet to track status / revisions.
I would only use Calibre to convert to epub and manage epubs for reading on the Kobo Sage. About 700 bought ebooks since 2013 and 6000+ PD ebooks (collection started before Calibre existed). About 40 ebooks for proofing / revision and version/revision is in file name and title.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote