View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #32
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
...I wondered whether Dick's total obliteration in the end was really necessary from the narrative point of view: it is story of love that fades, and the final paragraphs describing Dick's demise felt a bit of an overkill to me.
When I read the following at the end of a chapter near the end of the ebook (book three chapter nine) I thought it was over and wish it had ended here. Being an ebook I didn't realize it was not finished yet until I clicked further.

Quote:
And suddenly, in the space of two minutes she achieved her victory and justified herself to herself without lie or subterfuge, cut the cord forever. Then she walked, weak in the legs, and sobbing coolly, toward the household that was hers at last.

Dick waited until she was out of sight. Then he leaned his head forward on the parapet. The case was closed. Doctor Diver was at liberty.

Last edited by hpulley; 03-09-2012 at 09:10 PM.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote