View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #9
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
I wait tables at night to bring in extra money to pay for my kid's college education.

One of my fellow servers is pregnant, and she is not waiting tables at the moment because she is nervous about all the flying elbows and bodies in our crowded beverage station area plus all the walking and standing. To bring in some money, she accepted an hourly position folding cloth napkins, rolling up silverware bundles, etc., which keeps her in the back of the restaurant out of harm's way.

Last week, I chatted with her as she was finishing up a meal and she said, "The baby was hungry! You know what sounds really good? Some of our fudge cake warmed up enough to melt a scoop of ice cream." I found a manager and shared the request. He asked, "What do you want me to do about it?" I suggested he had the ability to get her some free dessert. When he brought it to her, she later said, "I was so surprised, I almost cried!"
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote