View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 05:48 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshni Patel View Post
What is this thread all about?
See revised first post

I got to carry a stranger's 2 year old to a play group today.

A young woman on a bus had three pre-school age kids to manage: a six month old bub in a stroller (buggy/pram), a girl between 2-3, and a boy about 4. I'd been impressed by the impeccable behaviour of two elder children on the bus. We got off at the same bus stop, I was headed across a suburban park to a shopping mall (to buy some exercise kit). I assumed they were going there too, so I hung back behind them to ensure they got across the busy road one has to cross to get to the park and thence to the mall.

Must have been intuition on my part, because the two-year old duly stumbled crossing the road, no drama, she picked herself up stoically had a little grizzle. I caught up with them as they reached the footpath (sidewalk, pavement), and I asked, "Would it help if if carried one of them." My offer was graciously accepted, but they weren't going as far as the mall - they were going to a play-group gathered under some trees within the park.

My thanks go to the mother who accepted my offer to carry her daughter, allowing a stranger to carry a precious 2 year-old daughter is a gift to the carrier.

Soon after I discovered my telco has been charging me for a service I never asked for, and one that I had specifically opted out at the beginning of January - but that's a story for the other tread [sic]

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-15-2018 at 06:32 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote