View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #22
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm glad you liked it. It was my first foray into F. Scott Fitzgerald and I was very impressed with the language.

I don't know if he'll ever be a "go to" author for me as I struggled a bit here and there, but I loved the subject matter he was covering in this book and I feel educated by the comments in this thread, particularly issybird's contribution regarding the funicular. It's use as a literary device was unfortunately lost on me on first reading. Once educated, I thought it was a wonderful working model of Dick's and Nicole's relationship.

Do you think - had Rosemary not entered the picture - whether Dick and Nicole would have lived in their illusion of happiness forever? Or do you think time would always bring them undone if not by Rosemary than by someone or something else?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote