View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #21
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
True Confessions

It's 'fess up time. I have come to like this selection. A lot.

It's true that I found the first third a pure struggle and a seeming exercise in futility, but by the end of the second third I had come to accept that had its moments, and that the author was not without his merits. After finishing the novel, a transformation began in my estimation of the novel's worth, hastened largely by the fact that things the characters said and did kept swimming up to the forefront of my consciousness. I bought an audiobook version and re-"read" it, this time with my ears, and discovered a hundred nuances that I missed upon first reading. This work for me has that remarkable quality of being able to creep up on the mind and demand to be heard. It's got "stick-to-itness".

Thank you, issybird, for that nomination, and thank you caleb72 and hpulley for seconding and thirding that selection. And, of course, thanks to all who voted for Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Well done!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote