View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #20
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Wow...this is just so fascinating because I have much harder feelings toward Nicole! I do not see her as growing in strength or character or ability by the end of the book. I feel she merely transferred her dependence and need for a protector to someone who seemed the epitome of strength at the time--and away from someone who was no longer serving her well. Had she truly come fully into her own as an individual, she would have been able to stand on her own and BE Nicole instead of Nicole+1.

And if she were a fully restored and reintegrated person, I have to wonder about her jumping ship like rat fleeing a downed vessel. She was married to Dick for ages, had two children with him, and was as stable as she was due to the practice of his art, the strength of his personality, and the bedrock of his love for her. Where's the love and the assist for Dick when he clearly desperately needed it?

I wonder what would have happened if the latest Knight in Shining Armor hadn't shown up...what would Nicole have done? That isn't the story we are given, of course, but I think it was only a matter of time until someone/anyone who adored her enough and seemed worldly wise and strong enough came along to latch on to.

Guess I don't like her very much!!
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote