View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:32 AM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I agree, caleb72, and think you summed things up pretty well. I felt there was some character flaw in Dick Diver's character that led to his fall, and I think you hit the nail on the head. While I was initially more sympathetic to the character in the early parts of the book, it became clear by the latter part of the novel that he was very much dependent upon his need to be seen as a savior; his motivations were much more self-serving than he pretended, both to himself and to others. And, yes, as Nicole began to realize this, his importance in her life and his stature in his own eyes began to fade.

Quote:
....."Listen to me—this business about a girl is a delusion, do you understand that word?"
....."It’s always a delusion when I see what you don’t want me to see."
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote