View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #17
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't know - I'm not as sympathetic towards Dick. To me his part is not tragic, but a tragedy in Shakespearian terms.

I believe his own flaws and weaknesses were always destined to bring him down and that it was only a matter of time before Nicole realised she was leaning on the wrong person for her mental health.

I think his flaws were not his compassion and love, but his overwhelming need to be admired and loved. Additionally, I think Nicole's mental illness sustained him somewhat. So it made sense that when Nicole started to grow - he started to shrink.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote