View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #16
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
[QUOTE=WT Sharpe;1980261]If anyone in the book deserved a happy ending, it was Nicole. She seemed to undergo a maturation process that went hand in hand with the progress in her mental stability. I don't know that there were any real villains, but Dick Diver's character was surely the most tragic. While Nicole overcame a lot of adversity and grew stronger in the process, Dick nearly totally disintegrated and became much smaller and petty by the book's end/QUOTE]

I agree that Dick's end was the most tragic. For me, it is because he gave the most and ended by losing everything. He had the most to offer the world at large, but spent it all in the service of one person. It seemed to me that he truly loved her, and maybe most of the time counted his sacrifice well spent. His dissolution at the end surely had some aspects of recognizing that all dreams and possibilities had been squandered, no more chances, and just maybe the trade wasn't enough.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote