Thread: Kindle Scribe
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 06:05 AM   #761
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I went ahead and bought a Scribe despite being a lefty. I realized I didn't write with a "claw", but from the left and just drag my hand through the ink. I would end up with ink all over my fingers.

Anyway, my premium pen wasn't working. I could hold it a half inch above the tablet and it would write. I contacted Amazon, and without any questions they sent me a new pen. Then I searched for the problem online and someone said they beat the pen against their knee a few times and it started working. So, I tried that and the pen started working fine.

So far I'm quite happy with the Scribe. Even what little writing I've done so far worked great. I made one PDF as a template and used the "send to Kindle" web site. I learned a little about formatting and making sure all pages were in portrait mode since I wasn't able to turn them on the Scribe.

I'm still trying to get used to the huge screen for reading. I've spent the past few years reading on the little screen of my 10th gen PW and only recently started reading on an 11th gen PW I bought for my mother and got back after she died.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote