View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 01:33 PM   #31814
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I'm reading along (mostly listening) to Shogun by James Clavell as we watch the new version. This is not the first time I've read it, of course, but so many of the details had escaped me, and as good as the new version is (much better than the original Richard Chamberlin version), the book has many more complexities than can easily be portrayed in the TV version. Also, it's a lot easier to ignore the gore. And my final complaint? Blackthorn was TALL, >6ft., blue eyed, and very blonde!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote