View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 05:37 AM   #15
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I agree fantasyfan and I do like your phrase about Denise's role being someone to be abducted and rescued!
Yes, she didn't ever do anything, and could have been replaced with a sexy lamp. Sigh.

I've finished it now, and it seems to me that de Vieux didn't make a difference, and didn't really grow or change during the story. He might as well have accepted the white cockade in the beginning of the novel, married Denise, and stayed at home.

The book gave a good impression of the chaotic nature of the time, but I never connected with any of the characters, so I wouldn't rate it more than OK.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote