View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #8
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
I'm in chapter 18 now. I've been reading other stuff in between -- I admit I lost a lot of sympathy with the protagonist around the time I lost track of how many times he's switched loyalties back and forth. Now it seems he picks whatever cockade serves his own purposes at the moment.
Well, I think survival plays a part. But also it must have been a time of extraordinary chaos and confusion. It would be hard to know what was going on and who stood for what.

I am amused by the amazing coincidences of his various meetings on the road.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote