View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 01:39 PM   #13
uhi711
uhi711 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
External USB storage of any kind shouldn't cause BSOD.
First make sure every kind of Autorun and Autoplay is disabled. No-one ever needs autorun on anything. It's possible some legitimate file is on the Kindle and not on a flash drive that is autorunning or autoplaying. The only more stupid thing is upnp.

If still an issue:
I'd go to device manager, remove/delete any USB devices and let the OS re-install. A reboot may be needed.
Also make sure no AV or storage monitoring is running.
Thanks, there are no Autoruns on the Kindle, the problem has existed since I unpacked it. I bought it as new from Amazon. Nothing helped, neither deleting USB devices, which forced me to do a hard reset to the computer because the mouse and keyboard stopped working, nor the Kindle's factory reset.

I tried using Microsoft's Driver Verifier, and it showed me that there's a problem with one of the drivers I selected (it didn't show exactly which one, it just generated a BSOD with a message), but I don't know how to use this info to find which one. It's complicated to use the Driver Verifier if it generates a BSOD, you have to do a system restore to a previously saved restore point, after a BSOD. I think I'll let it be as it is and I'll use the laptop for further loading of books.
uhi711 is offline   Reply With Quote