Thread: Kindle Scribe
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 05:38 AM   #787
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Well I have my Scribe. I gambled and bought one second hand on eBay. It’s a basic 16GB with Basic Pen but it came with the mulberry leather case and I paid just under £200 for it (including next day postage). I am in love with it. I’d definitely update if they bought out a new model, perhaps with waterproofing, as I like to read in the bath and by the pool.

The first thing I did was use the browser and go to A03 and downloaded a story as AZW3 and it appeared on my home page. It worked perfectly.

It’s truly a thing of beauty.
I'm glad it worked out for you, but buying on ebay is taking a chance. I bought a "used" one on Amazon and it looks like brand new - not a mark on it. I bought a "used" Paperwhite before that looked like brand new, so I was willing to try it again.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote