View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 08:19 AM   #43
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Recently I found this font called Caecilia LT Std 55 Roman, which looks very nice to me, but I'd like to add some weight to it for use in Calibre Viewer and conversions to PDF.

At first, I succeded by using Fontforge -> selecting all glyphs with Ctrl + A -> Menu Element -> Style -> Change Weight. I was able to create a version with much more weight than I would like, as I used 10 "Embolden units".

Afterwards, I played with smaller embolden values, but the changes wouldn't seem to take. I've tried rebuilding font cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the fonts etc.

So I quit, humpf.
Yeah, I've been there. I can almost guarantee you that you did something wrong. Fontforge is very robust and great at adjustments like that, but it's also easy to go wrong with it. Working with fonts can be a bit confusing, as font families, naming and stated weight all play a role. Making sure that you're generating in proper format and looking up Font Info panels would be my first troubleshooting step.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote