View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #9
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@Catlady: I can honestly say I have less than zero interest in reading ANY of the Russians. I was totally put off them at a young age, and haven't felt any desire to ever return. I haven't read W&P, but I have read the other two in my youth. And don't care to repeat the experience.

That particular Dickens isn't high on my list, but there are a couple that would be interesting to me. A Tale of Two Cities and especially Nicholas Nickleby. The latter because I have an Audible version of it read by the inimitable Kobna Holdbrook-Smith and would love an excuse to read it. Of course, it's stupendously long, so would likely overwhelm my audio reading for at least a couple of months, but I'm game if we ever get around to considering it as a group read.

(Nickleby would actually lend itself quite well to a group read, given that the Audible version is divided up into 19 roughly two hour segments, lending it to a "serial read" of a segment or two a month. )
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote