View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 12:51 AM   #4
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I couldn't find a way to access iCloud from inside the Books app (I have in incorrectly calling it "iBooks"). Nor could I find an app for accessing iCloud. But my wife has a ton of apps on her phone and I could have missed it. I gave her back her phone in frustration and she said to it "Hey Siri, access iCloud". Well son of a gun, that worked. We could see the two EPUB books I had put on her iCloud. Touching one of those displayed book icons and it jumped right to the Books app and there it was. The second book did not go as well. After doing the "Hey Siri" thing again to see iCloud, that second book was there - the cover picture was good and the reported file size was correct. But tapping on its icon imported a generic looking red book into the Books app. No title and no author were displayed. And when you tap it in Books, nothing displayed. When you try to remove is in Books, it won't remove. So something failed in that second import, but I don't know what yet.

Anyway, I can sometimes, almost, occasionally, partially use the iCloud to transfer books sometimes. So I'm on the right track. Still with some bumps in the road however.

Thanks for the help!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote