View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #42
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I read an interview that said his main hope is for the farm to continue in the next generation whether through his son or his daughters. In the books there is a quote where he says now my children (plural) follow my father around the farm and my father teaches my children (plural) his traditions and values and it’s great to see that come full circle. He doesn’t isolate these thoughts to his son only. I enjoyed the story about his youngest daughter’s first lambing on her own. I thought he was proud of her and encouraged her to keep going even when she was scared to continue. I don’t think he thinks only men can be farmers. I don’t think he thinks women should be confined to the farmhouse. For example he looks up to Jean Wilson, known locally as the Queen of the Herdwicks, and wants to learn from her and also wants her approval.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote