View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #37
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I don't mind what he said as much as I mind how he said it. Part of it is the execrable prose and part of it is the feeling he can't be trusted.

What this has in common with last month's selection is that I think they'd both read better in bits. I think Charlie observed that it reads like blog posts strung together, and it would be better as blog posts.

I'm not saying there's no artistry at all; as someone, I can't remember who, said, the use of the seasons was well done, although I'll note that it's a tried-and-true method of cranking out a memoir. But I can't really cavil about tat when it's a memoir about farming!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote