View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 12:12 PM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
There is a 13.3″ panel.
Web page seems pale grey on white, nearly unreadable.
https://shopkits.eink.com/product/at...play-ac133ut1/

So full colour is only about 50,000 (vs 16,700,000 for LCD/OLED/LED without HDR) and 1.5 second refresh. The fast colour is only twice as fast at best and 1,500 colours.

Seems better suited to signage & advertising than an ereader.
Is the Gallery Plus the same as the Gallery 3? I'm guessing (don't know) that the Plus is the second generation.

I don't think these screens will appeal to people who use (and like) tablets for reading -- but it will probably appeal to those who either like (or could like, if it was a bit better) than the Kaleidoscope E-Ink screens. This might be a nice step up for them. Side by side they look significantly better. I have no idea if the performance issues would get in the way or not.

Personally I don't need (and am not looking for) a way to read books in color on an E-Ink device. Definitely wouldn't use an LED tablet for this either.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-14-2022 at 12:14 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote