View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 07:20 PM   #61
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I misunderstood that the first three books were declared and not still in the proposal stage.

I started Daniel Deronda last night and will be on board for Don Quixote and anything by Dickens. Ashamed to say I've never read anything by him except A Tale of Two Cities in high school many years ago and why I'd be ready to read it again.
Glad to have you, CharlieBird! You can pace yourself on Daniel Deronda as the official start date to read and discuss is May 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
If people were considering some Dickens you could do worse than some of his non-fiction works, that way you might (perhaps) mange to strike on one that less people had already read. I enjoyed American Notes, which given the mixed audience here might generate some interesting conversation, but I also found The Uncommercial Traveller and A Child's History of England to be interesting.
I think this is an excellent idea; I’ve also seen his journalism recommended. I’ve read none of the nonfiction myself.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote