Thread: TCL NxtPaper 11
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 11:00 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Still waiting for gift card to get Mywrite Nebo for the NxtPaper11.

There was sunshine today! So I took the tablet outside and at 100% brightness an ebook as a two page spread is perfectly readable in direct sunlight. Obviously when it's overcast or if you are in the shade you need to turn the brightness down.

Indoors with daylight a setting of 25% is plenty and at night 9% is quite bright with a bedside lamp.

Pocketbook easily allows a two page spread for an ebook (tablet landscape), but PDFS are better managed by Xodo, which has pen annotation in the free edition now. Either portrait for typical PDFs or Landscape tablet with two page spread for PDFs intended for POD of mass market paperbacks.

It's certainly fine and no eyestrain for ebooks, PDFs or comics (colour or mono).

The screen is of course polarised so with the 'real' DSLR the image can be perfect, greyed out, or blank! Depends on camera/lens angle. I'll try again with the safety polarising filter removed from the Tamron 18-200mm lens.

I'd still prefer the Libra (2) or Sage for an ordinary ebook novel, but it beats the Elipsa and reMarkable for larger page size content even that's just mono. My previous Lenovo Yoga Tab10 doesn't come close for quality.

More maybe next week. Perhaps some 20M pix Canon DSLR stills and HD Video.

Battery life seems good. I think about 9.5 hrs and 46% battery/cell now. That is at 12% brightness about half time and 25% the other half.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote