Thread: TCL NxtPaper 11
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 11:55 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I think they only changed the allowed tolerances and most voltages are unchanged. And now the UK is pretending they aren't in Europe since they left the EU!
The 220V to 230V is only a 4.5% increase and 230 to 220 I think only a 4.3% decrease.

220 to 240V is 9.1%, and I think 240 to 220V is -8.3%. The UK also pretended to be on 220V, but I think at -10% to +2% (240 + 2% = 245V).

Excuse me If I've made a mistake. There is a document somewhere.

Obviously really 220V tungsten or halogen lamps are the most stressed by running on 245V as that would nearly halve the life. However the 220V filament lamps might be really higherr voltage. Car '12V' filament lamps are really 14V, radio 6.3V pilot lamps might be really 7V, but a 6V battery torch might have a 4.5V filament lamp for higher efficiency as the battery ages from about 6.4V new to the 3.6V end point (4x Zinc Carbon F cells in a 996 spring top pack).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote