Thread: TCL NxtPaper 11
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 09:38 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Be safe concerning power-supplies. Never meddle with safety, they are there for a reason, you know
Europlugs and larger Shuko plugs are common here as are the adaptors for both. Allegedly our electricity is 220V, though more like 230. The UK is mostly 240 to 245V. Siemens did the Shannon Scheme in 1920s and, unlike UK, some rural places have the German plug sockets.

I never leave chargers plugged in when not in use or overnight or when out.

I used to design SMPSUs! I don't trust them.

Supposedly the local supermarket sells Playstore gift cards, though I don't remember seeing them.

It's annoying when Amazon sometimes ships USA 2-blade PSUs with their own products here. They can't be safely used even with an adaptor on 220V even though the PSU body claims 90 to 250V.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote