Thread: TCL NxtPaper 11
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 04:43 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I can't wait to see your undoubtedly extended usage review.
Tip: try the SmartManager > Hardware diagnosis to see whether the device is fully working.
It seems fine and I now have Calibre comms via MTP to the SD Card taken from older tablet (256G). I had an initial problem with that even though it's 'Portable Storage' mode.

I did try an epub with pocketbook (just reading, not TTS) and simply for novels the Sage is a better size.

I've tried more PDFs in Xodo and the Kobo Elipsa is now redundant even for proofing PDFs for POD. I'll either sell it or pass it to someone in the family. Even for notes I find the Sage better than the Elipsa.

@DrChiper
Thank You DrChiper for mentioning this fabulous tablet which is a bargain at €200 approx. I'd looked at Fire11, iPad, Samsung with S pen etc. over the last year as the otherwise bargain Lenovo Yoga Tab10 was a bit too limited on resolution and has no digitiser. I'd decided the color eink android note-taking solutions were too expensive and poor.

Looking forward to figuring out how to buy Nebo if the T-Pen is much good. I might even buy pro version of Xodo. Currently I have no payment method for Playstore because of how Google treated my payment method in the past. That might change, as it has for Apple/iOS:
https://www.theregister.com/2024/01/..._dma/?td=rt-3a

Edit:
Ordered Amazon Germany and was shipped from Netherlands, so of course a Europlug styled charger. Not a problem with either an adaptor or even cheating the safety shutter on the UK spec sockets (also used in a few other countries, not just UK and Ireland).

Last edited by Quoth; 01-26-2024 at 04:46 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote