View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 09:50 AM   #26
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Amazon and some publishers/authors want you to believe it. It might only be true for a small number of people, and maybe they might make more publishing "wide".
It's not just Amazon though. There are many interviews with indie authors that confirm they make more through Kindle exclusivity than they did by going wide.

Quote:
The big publishers are not exclusive on KU. I suspect the exclusivity demand (which is only KU, not Amason sales) may soon be deemed illegal in EU.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. Amazon and the Kindle platform have undoubtedly been a boon for indie authors. But seeing how Amazon treats only the smaller, less powerful authors that way feels like evidence to be used against them.

I don't see what the harm would be in letting authors sell their books elsewhere while they are not allowed to be in both KU and Kobo Plus. But I am not an expert.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote