View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 04:53 PM   #18
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'll gladly defend your right to read a series in any order you like. But I'm afraid no amount of reasoning/explanation will make me understand why anyone would willingly change from the release chronology. But the good news is, is that I don't have to understand it.
haha, thanks

Each to their own, and I agree with you that everybody has a right to read anyway they like. No problems with any of that.

Can anyone point me to a statement by an author that states something along the lines of "as the author of this series, I urge all readers to read the story in the following order..."

Is it possible that an author has written a novel, and then become surprised by its success and popularity?
Is it then possible that readers and/or publishers have then pressured for more? Maybe pressured for answers on how the world became dystopian?
Is it outside the realms of speculation that had the author know of the success that s/he may have written the books in a different order (obviously adjusting the text to suit).
Just because a series of novels are published in a certain order, to me it does not mean they are meant to be read that way.

Sure, if you read as they are released, you have no choice to read in publication order. But if you read after the series is complete, it makes sense (to me) to read in timeline order.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote