View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 02:40 AM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I recently had a discussion with one of my ex-coworkers. What they want is be able to use autoscroll but to have it automagically stop at the end of a chapter. They are mostly reading Gutenberg epubs where Gutenberg stuffed multiple chapters (say, the last part of chapter 5, chapters 6, 7, 8 & the first part of chapter 9) into a single file. Considering the 2 sample files I saw, Gutenberg did not use headers but did have a consistent pattern between chapters within an ePub but that pattern was different between the two ePubs. I suggested that hitting the space bar between pages in paged mode would be a lot easier than trying to get Gutenberg to change their workflow and convincing someone to support the desired autoscroll modification.

The program they are currently using with autoscroll runs on Android and does not stop at the end of a file (starts at the title page and scrolls to the end unless you tap to pause) and the developer has no interest in adding that functionality nor in improving the bare minimum CSS support currently present.

I was asked if any programs I knew of could do what they wanted and had to answer no. So I'm bouncing it out to find out if anyone has any suggestions.
Moon+ Reader has autoscroll and the scrolling can be set by pixel, line, page. You also can adjust the scrolling speed. At the end of the chapter the app waits about 4 seconds before starting with the new chapter, so you have that to stop the scrolling by taping the screen.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote