Thread: Firmware Update 5.16.7 out
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 07:41 PM   #40
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
Maybe the book has blank pages fluff for the last 30%, and your reader detected that? Problem with e-books is that they're not limited by the cost of papers, so they often fling whole essays at the end of the novel, ruining our percentages and read estimations.
I doubt that is the problem unless the ereaders I've tested have a lot more artificial intelligence than advertised. From my testing, the problem is that none of the ereaders that I've tested handle reading speeds over ~500WPM well. One of my test books was a self-generated omnibus of the first 13 1632 books so about 2,364,000 words. While it was not happy on some ereaders, on the ones where it worked, the reading speed was still highly inaccurate a million words in.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote