Thread: Firmware Update 5.16.7 out
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 06:07 PM   #38
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I think it tries to adjust to reading speed for the particular book in question.

Of the choices there are for indicating progress, it's the one I prefer most of the time. I'm not that concerned about how accurate it is; it gives good idea of how long a chapter is.
My personal preference is pages in book/pages in chapter. Reading times on a Kindle, Kobo, Tolino or Pocketbook ereader does not seem to like my reading speed. As an example, when I get to the 45% point in a book after 40 minutes of reading and I am told it's going to take 2.6 hours to finish the book and 11 minutes to finish the chapter, you get rather dubious about the usefulness of the times shown.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote