View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 03:51 AM   #6
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I also think I might try the Carla Neggers books I bought.
Just FYI, Neggers has a unique writing style. Her books read like puzzle pieces that don't seem to fit together, then toward the halfway point you start to get the big picture. So don't be put off if the book seems rather disjointed at the beginning or you can't always tell how the characters relate together.

She can be info-dumpy at spots (especially when books are later entries in a series). Not every book/series is to my taste, but I really love her Sharpe & Donovan series and also enjoy her Swift River Valley series as well as many of her earlier works I've read.

My TBR is now totally virtual since I have all of my unread print books sitting in a box waiting for me to take them in to the Friends of the Library donation center. I did keep 3 unread Linda Raye (aka Linda Turner) Jove Second Chance at Love books, but that's the extent of my print TBR pile now. It hurt to get rid of so many unread books, but I need the space. And it feels freeing after the fact.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote