View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 12:36 AM   #3
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I read/reread 227 books in 2015. That's down from 323 books in 2014, which was a personal best.

Here were my reading goals for 2015 and how I did meeting them:
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I will be participating in several of the AAR reading challenges again this year.
I did 9 challenges (7 for books and 2 for novellas) for a total of 105 books and 30 novellas.

Quote:
I’ve also decided I will reread the entire Psy/Changeling series by Nalini Singh again. I plan to start that March 1st giving me 13 weeks before Shards of Hope releases to reread all 13 books, 6 novellas, and 24 (maybe more by then) short stories/deleted scenes.
I did this and plan to reread the entire series again in 2016.

Quote:
My other plan is go through my existing TBR and pick out 10 “must read” books/series for 2015. This doesn’t include any of the new releases for the year I am eagerly awaiting. I’m going to make it a mix of new-to-me authors and books which have languished in my TBR for a year or more. I should be able to count them all in the various reading challenges so that will help me get them read. And I figure 10 is a totally reachable goal since I usually read at least that many books in a month.
Quote:
I ended up with 12 books on my must read list as I added a 4 book, multi-author series at the end, but didn’t want to take off any of the other books I’d already listed. Most have been in my TBR for a while.
I did not read the 4 book multi-author series. I started book one a few times, but just couldn’t get into it. So the series is still in my TBR.

As for the other books, I read 7 of them. So 7 out of 12 isn’t too bad I guess. Though discounting the unread series, I read 7 out of 8. And that’s a better way for me to look at it, right?

Quote:
I also want to make a sizeable dent in my new-to-me series where I’ve purchased multiple books but not yet read any. Some of these will be part of my 10 Must Read list, but I really want to make an effort to get these various series at least started.
This goal I was a total fail at. While I did read the first book in several new-to-me series, I also added a bunch more. I’m very bad at curbing the need to read in order part of me, so when a book catches my eye and I discover it’s part of a series, I tend to buy them all. So bad! I’m not making this a goal for 2016. Maybe I will try again in 2017

Quote:
I added a seventh challenge as with it and a little moving around of some of the books I had slotted in the other challenges I was able to add 15 books by an author who has been an autobuy for me since 2000, but I have fallen very, very far behind on her books. This will get me almost all caught up.
Success! The author in question was Karen Templeton and other than Fortune’s Cinderella (which I plan to read as part of one of the AAR challenges this year) I am caught up. She’s been an autobuy for me since I discovered her in 2000. Even after getting my Sony, I continued to buy all of her books in print. But starting in 2005 her books somehow never quite made it to the top of my TBR pile. I read a few in 2010, a few more in 2011 and then 2013. But I had everything from April 2008 on of hers to read at the beginning of 2015. I managed to catch up on all 15 of her books I had planned to, including the new releases in 2015. I wasn’t able to fit Fortune’s Cinderella into the various AAR challenges I had planned and though I could have squeezed it in at the end of the year, I decided just to save it for 2016.

Last edited by library addict; 01-01-2016 at 12:50 AM. Reason: fix typo
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote