View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 06:20 PM   #27
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
And even a PW3 gets KFX on Whispernet.
Would they bother on on a K3 (only 167 dpi) or on a PW1 (better dpi but not 300 dpi, and I don't know if it does KFX)?
PW1 devices do not support KFX. The PW2 is the oldest model to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I've never seen azw6 and so I assumed it was only for older apps, which might not work now as they want KFX on apps.
AZW6 is still sometimes used on the latest Kindle apps and devices in conjunction with KF8.

For those devices that support KFX most books will be delivered in that format. One exception is reflowable books that do not support Enhanced Typesetting due to the use unusual HTML/CSS that does not convert to KFX. Those books are increasingly rare.

Another exception is non-manga comics. Those are generally delivered to Kindles and the Kindle for PC app as KF8/AZW6 pairs instead of KFX for reasons unknown to me.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote