View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 04:46 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoim View Post
The Kobo system is quite similar to Kindle for basic use, I hope there will be a way to add page numbers to the table of content and show the real number of pages from paperback versions though , that's the one thing I miss from the kindle.
Which paperback version? To quote from a message I posted in the Crazy Page Lengths thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Looking at War and Peace on Amazon.ca, I checked a random selection of 4 paperback and 4 hardcover editions. The print editions show page counts of 1831 pages, 1440 pages, 1296 pages and 734 pages for the paperback editions and 1392 pages, 1399 pages, 1140 pages and 928 pages for 4 hardcover editions. Tell me about the ONE TRUE PAGE NUMBERS again...
And for this I didn't even bother to include a couple of trade paperback versions of War and Peace. At one point, I looked at 14 editions all of which had wildly varying page counts. Even for a newer book such as Random in Death, the US and UK hardcover editions have different page counts.

For the most part, the pagelist refers to the hardcover edition which is identified by the ISBN in the ePub OPF document.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote